17 January 2012

Jellyfish Paper Lantern Night-light

My daughter loves mermaids and seashells and jellyfish.

We had a paper lantern light hanging in her room that we wanted to do something under-the-sea-ish with, but we didn't know what.

Well, after a few crazy days with some boy cousins a while back (love those crazy boys!), necessity became the mother of invention.


I cut off the damaged portion and I attached some wiring inside (it ain't pretty but it works) and hung some sequins and wired ribbon curls.


Voilà, instant jellyfish light!

We use an LED bulb and it makes a perfect night-light.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! How did you keep the lantern from collapsing after you cut it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, this is a terrible "tutorial", no supply list and no step-by-step directions, LOL. I suppose it was just the kind of lantern that would stay open on it's own. ??? It didn't collapse at all. I know, I'm soooooo helpful. (Sorry.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree not information above but I don't want to be rude.

    1. Does it stay open because you have used it for a period of time vs a brand new one?
    2. How many per strand did you use? I used two per each 3 colors. Just wondering from the picture it looks like you did three.
    3. I put pearls and colored crystals to match my color theme.
    4. I found I need one more strand a little bigger than the others and like the see through one you have, and I need to put that on to complete it. I love how mine are turning out.
    Thanks for such a great idea. You did a great job, and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it !!! Great job. I'm doing this for my kids room this weekend. What a creative eye. Thank you for posting it.

      Delete
    2. Love it !!! Great job. I'm doing this for my kids room this weekend. What a creative eye. Thank you for posting it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete